The main objectives of the Barcelona Food & Wine programme are:
- To establish Barcelona as a world-class gastronomic and wine-tourism destination.
- To bring new attributes associated with wine culture to the Barcelona brand to extend the experience of visitors to Barcelona to the nearest wine-growing region.
- To promote gastronomy and wine culture as one of Barcelona’s tourist assets.
- To raise awareness of the city’s culinary and wine-tourism offer and to boost its potential as a distinguishing element.
- To widen the sphere of influence of tourism in the city and extend it to the nearby wine-growing region, taking advantage of Barcelona’s high profile and positive image as a tourist destination.
- To contribute to disseminating and promoting the gastronomic and wine-growing culture, heritage and traditions, as well as wine- and food-related activities and experiences and to promote their consumption.
- To give impetus to and work on the creation of products and services associated with gastronomy and wine culture and to promote them.
- To highlight the city’s network of food markets as a quality resource for tourism and to promote them.
- To work with the sectors, institutions, organisations and associations in order to add to and complement the impetus they give to the economy related to gastronomy and the restaurant and wine sector.
The advantages of becoming a memberThese are some of the advantages of becoming a programme member:
- Off-line promotion through the specific promotional elements of the Barcelona Food & Wine programme and other general programmes of Turisme de Barcelona.
- On-line promotion through Turisme de Barcelona’s website and social networks.
- Promotion at trade fairs, presentations and promotions in Spain and abroad.
- Promotions with travel trade professionals and the Spanish and international press.
- You will feature in Turisme de Barcelona’s newsletters and other delivery platforms.
- You will have access to statistical documents.
- You will have the opportunity to sell your products and services at Turisme de Barcelona’s on-line shop.
- You will be able to use the wine-tourism information point at the Columbus Monument.
If you wish, you can contact the department to receive information and find out about the conditions for membership of the programme.
Contact with Barcelona Food & Wine
[+34] 933 689 700
[+34] 933 686 701
[+34] 933 686 701
Bodegas Torres offers 'Best Wine Event' according to Drinks International [pdf]
Disfrutar restaurant wins the 'Miele One To Watch', by The World’s 50 Best Restaurants. [pdf]
2016 National Gastronomy Awards, Carme Ruscalleda, Àlvar Ayuso and Grup Balfegó [pdf]