- Standard framework
The Consortium of Turisme de Barcelona, is an entity with a different legal personality and the necessary capacity to work to fulfil its aims.
It was founded on 8 September 1993 by the Barcelona City Council, the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Navigation of Barcelona and the Foundation for the Promotion of Barcelona.
The Consortium's actions fall within the framework of its applicable regulation:
- Statutes of the Consortium of Turisme de Barcelona, published in the Official Gazette of the Province (B.O.P.) of Barcelona, No. 310 of 28 December 1993. See Pdf
- Governing bodies
The Consortium's governing bodies are the General Council and the Executive Committee.
The General Council is the highest representation of Turisme de Barcelona. The General Council is chaired by the Mayor or Mayoress of the City. Today, the President of the General Council is the Honourable Ada Colau i Ballano.
- Members of the General Council. See Pdf
- Members of the Executive Committee. See Pdf
Pursuant to Article 3 of the Statutes of the Consortium of Turisme de Barcelona, an essential function of the Consortium is to ensure insofar as it is possible that the aims of promoting and fostering tourism and commerce in the city of Barcelona are fulfilled, and to this end, it can perform the following functions:
- Promoting activities aimed at increasing the demand for tourism and commerce.
- Managing, promoting and performing all those citizen activities that may benefit increasing and improving the quality of the touristic and commercial offer in Barcelona.
- Promoting the active presence of Barcelona in the tourist market, in an attempt to co-ordinate the interested sectors in fostering tourism and commerce.
- Encouraging, helping and making it possible to adapt the structures and services in the tourism offer, by supporting the private initiative in the sector.
- Encouraging and promoting conventions, meetings and similar activities, both national and International, in the city of Barcelona.
- Boosting the tourism sector in areas relating to accommodation, restaurants, travel agencies and cultural and leisure activities.
- Studying the city's problems with tourism and commerce by adopting or proposing the measures considered the most appropriate for solving them.
- Preparing the necessary information material, publicity and image to inform people about the resources in Barcelona, in an attempt to attract visitors.
- Working alongside other public or private entities to promote Barcelona, and attract visitors.
- Promoting and, if necessary, participating in agreements with other entities, public or private, to finance tourism and commercial promotion campaigns.
- Contributing to defending the city's natural resources and social-cultural values.
- Studying and analysing the real state of tourism in the city, offering the information obtained from the sector.
- Co-ordinating, boosting and helping all interested sectors to foster tourism, particularly the commercial sector.
- Managing the facilities and equipment with touristic interest or interest for the city.
- Any other functions that the consortium organisations may entrust to the Consortium.
The activity reports of the Consortium of Turisme de Barcelona provide an annual summary of the tasks carried out during the current year.
- Commitment to sustainability
Since 2011, Barcelona has held the Biosphere World Class Destination certificate, which recognises the responsible tourist activity management by the Consortium of Turisme de Barcelona and the Barcelona City Council, including the following criteria:
- sustainable management
In developing its activity, within the framework of its social corporate responsibility, Turisme de Barcelona applies a set of measures that embody the commitments from the overall view of sustainability.
The informative sheet "Turisme de Barcelona": Sustainability commitments” describes the main actions taken by the Consortium to improve the quality of tourism in the city, from the cultural, socio-economic and environmental points of view. See Pdf
[+34] 933 689 701