- Headquarters and offices
Pursuant to Article 3 point 14 of the Statutes of the Consortium of Turisme de Barcelona, an essential function of Turisme de Barcelona, inter alia, is to manage facilities and equipment of touristic interest or interest for the city. In order to carry out its functions, in addition to its central headquarters, logistics centre and call centre, Turisme de Barcelona also has a network of offices and information points:
Passatge de la Concepció, 7-9. 08008 Barcelona
Telephone: [+34] 933 689 700
- Logistics centre and call centre
Carrer Alegre de Dalt, 26. 08024 Barcelona
Telephone: [+34] 932 853 834
- Offices and information points
- Management structure and organisational structure
In order to perform its functions, and develop its activity, the Consortium of Turisme de Barcelona has an internal organisation. In this section, you will find information on the Consortium's organisation and management:
See the Organisation Chart of the Consortium of Turisme de Barcelona [Pdf]
The current Director General of the Consortium of Turisme de Barcelona is Mr. Jordi William Carnes i Ayats, appointed by the Consortium's General Council in its session on 2 July 2014.
Pursuant to article 27 of the Articles of Association of the Consortium, the executive management of Turisme de Barcelona falls upon the Managing Director, who assumes the maximum responsibility, within the framework established by the Executive Committee.
The Managing Director is responsible for:
- Executing the agreements of the governing bodies as per the instructions given.
- Proposing to the Executive Committee:
- The functional organisational chart of the institution as a whole and its manifestations.
- The recruitment of personnel.
- The appointments, and if so, the proposals to cover executive positions at Turisme de Barcelona.
- The delegation of tasks to executive positions, mentioned in the previous paragraph.
- All those other tasks delegated to him by the Executive Committee.
- Remuneration of senior management
- The members of the governing bodies of the Consortium (the General Council and the Executive Committee, see section Governing Bodies under Institutional Information) do not receive any kind of remuneration or allowance for attending the meetings.
- In compliance with article 20 of the Articles of Association of the Consortium of Turisme de Barcelona, the appointment and dismissal of the Managing Director is the responsibility of the General Council. His/her legal relationship with the Consortium will be formalized pursuant to the applicable rules to the nature of the position. To this end, the position of Managing Director is considered a senior management position.
- The gross annual income of the Managing Director is currently at 149,996 euros plus a maximum of 30,000 euros as variable remuneration.
- Collective agreement
The personnel of Turisme de Barcelona is governed by the Collective Agreement for Office Workers of Catalonia.
Find below detailed information regarding the Consortium's human resources:
[+34] 933 689 701