Turisme de Barcelona reinforces its commitment to the promotion of sustainable tourism in the city with the creation of the programme Barcelona Sustainable Tourism in 2012, which encourages the participation of enterprises that are working to ensure environmental, cultural and socio-economic sustainability. The programme brings together establishments and services that make it possible to enjoy the city sustainably.
Objectives and actionsThe main objectives of Barcelona Sustainable Tourism are:
- To establish Barcelona’s position as a destination for international tourism sustainable and responsible to reinforce its image and prestige.
- To promote the city to a target group already aware of sustainability issues that wants to discover Barcelona according to sustainability criteria.
Some of the actions carried out by the programme are:
- Elaborate the brochure Barcelona Sustainable Tourism.
- Attention to the international media.
- Assistance to specialized trade fairs and organization of promotional activities
- Organization of actions to raise awareness in the framework of the world Environment Day and the International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Active membership of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC), the only body officially authorised to award sustainable tourism certifications worldwide.
- Active membership of the European Network of Accessible Tourism (ENAT), with professionals of more than 30 countries.
- Collaboration with the Club EMAS Catalunya.
The advantages of becoming a memberYou will be part of the group of more than 950 member companies of Turisme de Barcelona, and be able to attend conventions and/or workshops run by Turisme de Barcelona members and take part in promotional events organised by Turisme de Barcelona and those specific of the programme .
See the membership conditions and contact us if you wish to receive further information.
Contact with Barcelona Sustainable Tourism
933 689 700
933 689 701
933 689 701